The union of the couple in one lifetime.
Many people think the legal requirements for a marriage at Cancun are confusing and overwhelming. The reality is, that once you know what is required, the steps are very simple.
All Civil Marriages that take place under Mexican laws are completely legal in Mexico. Foreigners marrying in Mexico must legalize their marriage in their country of birth/residence. This is usually done by registering their marriage certificate at their local City Hall.
Documentation required for each participant in a Civil Marriage Ceremony in Mexico:
- Valid original passports and photocopies of bride and groom
- Tourist Card this is provided to all passengers on the plane prior to arrival into Cancun’s International Airport. The name on the Tourist Card and Passport MUST be the same
- Health Certificate Mexican laws require a Health Certificate for all Legal Wedding Ceremonies. Blood tests are done to determine blood type, HIV and STD status. Tests must be taken at the resort. These tests has to be done in Mexico.
- Four witnesses, 2 for the groom and 2 for the bride, (All witnesses must have passport and mexican tourist card)
- In the case of divorce, you must present the final divorce certificate.